PTA Licensure Requirements

Graduates with an Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant degree from a CAPTE-accredited PTA program may apply to the Physical Therapy Board of California (PTBC) for permission to take the two examinations required for licensure, the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) for physical therapist assistants and the California Law Examination (CLE).

After passing these examinations and receiving a license from the PTBC, the student will be eligible to obtain employment as a licensed physical therapist assistant.