Stanbridge University’s grading policy is as follows:
- Students must pass all the courses within a program in order to graduate (or complete their studies).
- Students will only be graded once for each course. A student wishing to repeat a course to improve his/her grade must submit a written request to the Dean of Instruction. The original grade will be marked as “Retake,” and the new grade will be reflected on the student’s transcript, regardless of which is higher. Only one course may be repeated for grade improvement.
- Students who withdraw will receive a grade of “Incomplete” for courses in progress. Enrolled students who do not complete a course on time will receive a grade of “F” twenty-one (21) days after the conclusion of the course, if not remediated/completed by then.
- Transfer students will receive a notation of “TR” for courses granted transfer credit.
- Diploma, associate, and bachelor’s degree students must have a cumulative grade point average of C (2.0) or above in order to graduate. Master’s degree students must have a GPA of 3.0 in order to graduate.
- Late submission of assignments, projects and papers will result in grade reductions.
- Students may check exam grades for on-campus courses by logging in to Student Central and clicking on the “Exam Scores” link and for online courses by logging into their course to view the course grade book.
Qualitative Measure of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
|A+||97% – 100%||4.0|
|A||93% – 96%||4.0|
|A-||90% – 92%||3.7|
|B+||87% – 89%||3.3|
|B||83% – 86%||3.0|
|B-||80% – 82%||2.7|
|C+||77% – 79%||2.3|
|C||75% – 76%||2.0|
|C-||70% – 74%||1.7|
|D+||67% – 69%||1.3|
|D||65% – 66%||1.0|
|D-||60% – 64%||0.7|
|F||59% and below||0|
|In Progress||Course not completed||0|
||Received Transfer Credit for coursework at another Institution||Not Computed in GPA|