Stanbridge University is an eligible institution participating in federal and state financial aid programs and private educational lending programs. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Title IV Federal Funds
The university complies with Title IV of the federal Higher Education Act of 1965.
Student Loan Information
If the student obtains a loan to pay for an educational program, the student will have the responsibility to repay the full amount of the loan plus interest, less the amount of any refund.
If the student is eligible for a loan guaranteed by the federal or state government and the student defaults on the loan, both of the following may occur:
(1) The federal or state government or a loan guarantee agency may take action against the student, including applying any income tax refund to which the person is entitled to reduce the balance owed on the loan.
(2) The student may not be eligible for any other federal student financial aid at another institution or other government assistance until the loan is repaid.
Financial Aid Procedures
The process of determining eligibility for financial aid uses standard formulas and standard student budgets. The Financial Aid Office recognizes that some students have unusual or special circumstances that may not be reflected in the standard process of determining eligibility. While funds are limited and it is not always possible to fund students to their maximum eligibility for financial aid, students with special circumstances are encouraged to contact the Financial Aid Office for review of these special circumstances. Assistance in filing private loan applications is available from the Financial Aid office.
Each student is processed for financial aid based on the standard enrollment status, as defined by Stanbridge University for each program. Eligibility and disbursements of financial aid may change based on enrollment status. Because of federal financial aid regulations (excluding Pell), students whose enrollment status is less than half-time will have zero financial aid eligibility for that period. A change from full-time enrollment status could cause a loss of financial aid and create a cash pay situation for some students.
Please consult the Financial Aid Office with any questions regarding enrollment status and financial aid eligibility.
To be eligible for federal and state student financial aid programs, students must:
- be U.S. Citizens or eligible Non-Citizens;
- be admitted to the university;
- be enrolled at least half-time (6 units) in a program leading to a degree or certificate;
- be making satisfactory academic progress toward their educational objectives;
- be registered with the Selective Service, if required;
- not be in default on a Title IV student loan or owe a refund on a Title IV student grant;
- demonstrate financial need for need based programs through the defined application process of the university; and
- attend an Entrance Interview if applying for student loans.
Students (and parents of dependent students) will be asked to fill out a FAFSA form to establish eligibility for federal financial aid.
- Applicants are charged an application fee.
- Tuition changes do not affect currently enrolled students.
- Replacement books, eBooks, and supplies for lost or stolen ones, or for retaken courses, will not be provided without cost to students. Students will be charged for all replacement items.
- Make-up and review sessions, Student Central access, Learning Resource Center usage, and Career Placement Services are provided to all students.
- Students may pay tuition via personal or bank check or through private loans or federal aid (for those programs which qualify).
- The lending companies are not affiliated with the school and award loans to those who qualify.
- Those paying with a loan must have signed loan paperwork submitted before attending the program.
- Students whose entire tuition and fees are paid by a third-party organization are not entitled to receive a refund for the tuition and fees; the organization providing the funding receives any refund.