Cancellation and Refund: On-Campus Programs
Student’s Right to Cancel
- You have the right to cancel your agreement for a program of instruction, without any penalty or obligations, and obtain a refund of charges paid through attendance at the first class session or the seventh day after enrollment, whichever is later. After the end of the cancellation period, you also have the right to stop your enrollment at any time; and you have the right to receive a pro rata refund if you have completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled hours in your program through the last day of attendance.
- Cancellation may occur when the student at the Irvine campus provides a written notice of cancellation by mail or hand delivery at the following address: Office of the Registrar, 2041 Business Center Drive, Suite 107, Irvine, CA 92612, or by email to the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com. Cancellation may occur when the student at the Alhambra campus provides a written notice of cancellation by mail or hand delivery at the following address: Student Services, 2215 W Mission Rd, Alhambra, CA 91803, or by email to the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The written notice of cancellation, if sent by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail properly addressed with proper postage.
- The written notice of cancellation need not take any particular form and, however expressed, it is effective if it shows that the student no longer wishes to be bound by the Enrollment Agreement.
- If the Enrollment Agreement is cancelled by the student before midnight of the date of cancellation, the university will refund the student any money he/she paid, less an application fee for a total amount not to exceed $150, within 45 days after the notice of cancellation.
- If the program is cancelled before instruction begins, the university will refund the student any money he/she paid, less any deduction for an application fee for a total amount not to exceed $150, within 45 days after the notice of cancellation.
Cancellation and Refund: Online (Distance Education) Programs
This institution offers distance educational programs where the instruction is not offered in real time. The institution shall transmit the first lesson and any materials to any student within seven days after the institution accepts the student for admission.
Student’s Right to Cancel
The student has the right to cancel the agreement and receive a full refund before the first lesson and materials are received. Cancellation is effective on the date the written notice of cancellation is sent by mail or hand delivered to: Office of the Registrar, Stanbridge University, 2041 Business Center Drive, Suite 107, Irvine, CA 92612, or by email to the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com. If the institution sent the first lesson and materials before an effective cancellation notice was received, the institution shall make a refund within 45 days after the student’s return of the materials.
Cancellation must occur prior to the receipt of the first lesson and materials, which will occur within seven days after the institution accepts the student for admission.
This institution shall transmit all of the lessons and other materials to the student if the student (a) has fully paid for the educational program; and (b) after having received the first lesson and initial materials, requests in writing that all of the material be sent. If the institution transmits the balance of the material as the student requests, the institution shall remain obligated to provide the other educational services it agreed to provide, such as responses to student inquiries, student and faculty interaction, and evaluation and comment on lessons submitted by the student, but shall not be obligated to pay any refund after all of the lessons and material are transmitted.