Grievance Process

Complaints may be made in person or via telephone, e-mail, fax, postal mail, or any other type of correspondence.  Please see the telephone and fax numbers of the university here.

Students who have a complaint are encouraged to resolve the issue in good faith without escalation.  If the issue remains unresolved, a student may report the complaint to the program director. If dissatisfied with the proposed resolution by the program director, the student may file a written appeal to the Office of Student Services:

Office of Student Services

If dissatisfied with the appeal response, the student may submit a second-level written appeal to the Office of Instruction:

Office of Instruction

If dissatisfied with the second-level appeal response, the student may submit a third-level written appeal to the Office of the President. A third-level appeal decision is final:

Office of the President

Other Grievance Resolution Authorities

Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)

Schools accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges must have a procedure and operational plan for handling student complaints.  If a student does not feel that the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider contacting the Accrediting Commission. All complaints reviewed by the Commission must be in written form, and should grant permission for the Commission to forward a copy of the complaint to the school for a response. This can be accomplished by filing the ACCSC Complaint Form. The complainant(s) will be kept informed as to the status of the complaint as well as the final resolution by the Commission. Please direct all inquiries to:

Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges:

2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201
(703) 247-4212

A copy of the ACCSC Complaint Form is available at the school and may be obtained by contacting the Office of the President of the university or online at

Bureau for Private Post-secondary Education (BPPE)

Any questions a student may have regarding this catalog that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at:

1747 North Market, Suite 225
Sacramento, California, 95834,
toll-free phone number (888) 370-7589 or by fax (916) 263-1897.

As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review this catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. You are also encouraged to review the School Performance Fact Sheet, which must be provided to you prior to signing an enrollment agreement.

A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888) 370-7589 toll-free or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau’s Internet Web site

Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT):  Vocational Nurse Students

The Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 205
Sacramento, California 95833
Telephone (916) 263-7800; FAX (916) 263-7855

Board of Registered Nursing: Associate Degree in Nursing Students

PO Box 944210,
Sacramento, CA 94244- 2100
Phone (916) 322-3350 Fax (916) 574-8637

Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE®):  Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant Students

The American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
6116 Executive Boulevard
Suite 200
North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929
Phone: (301) 652-2682

Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE):  Physical Therapist Assistant Students

To obtain the materials necessary for submitting a complaint, contact the APTA Accreditation Department at 703/706-3245 or at

3030 Potomac Avenue, Suite 100
Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085
Telephone: 703-706-3245

Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA) – American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA): Veterinary Technician Students

The CVTEA is interested in sustained quality and continued improvement in veterinary education programs and will accept complaints directed at a program.  See the CVTEA Accreditation Policies and Procedures – Complaints VII. Standard Protocol for Handling Complaints Directed at a Veterinary Technology Program and CVTEA Complaint Form at  The completed form, accompanied by required evidence, may be submitted via the United States Postal Service or other mail carrier or email to the following address:

Ms. Julie Horvath
1931 N. Meacham Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173

Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)

The baccalaureate degree program in nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education ( A complaint regarding an accredited program may be submitted by anyone, including students, faculty, staff, administrators, nurses, patients, employees, or the public. Guidelines for the complaint include: a) an illustration of the full nature of the complaint in writing, describing how CCNE standards or procedures have been violated, and b) an indication of the willingness of the complainant to allow CCNE to notify the program and the parent institution of the exact nature of the complaint, including the identity of the originator of the complaint. The Board may take whatever action it deems appropriate regarding verbal complaints, complaints that are submitted anonymously, or complaints in which the complainant has not given consent to being identified. Complaints may be directed to:

CCNE Complaints Administrator
655 K Street, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001

Veterans Administration:  Reimbursement to Veterans and Eligible Persons

For information or for resolution of specific payment problems, the veteran should call the Department of Veterans Affairs nationwide toll free number at 1-800-827-1000.